I just happened upon this charming but profound video today, The Meaning Of Life https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOlku5slL7s Pretty heavy subject but I love how that contrasts with the young voice of our third-grade narrator. It also struck a chord with me because when it comes to the meaning of life especially our professional life, I think we all struggle with that. Getting and staying on track with what’s going on in B2B marketing these days is tough, hard work. Alot of moving parts and more everyday and each one changes, evolves.
So this video reminded me that we are always a work in progress, even when sometimes it may be like watching grass grow. Stuff is really happening though others might find it hard to tell 🙂
Our young speaker has some pretty inspiring things to say to us about what’s holding each of us back and what we can do about it. (okay somebody had to help her write this but that’s beside the point) That’s why I thought I’d share this video in hopes that for those struggling it may provide some inspiration to either get started or if you’ve simply hit a temporary obstacle, how to get rolling again.
So after you’ve watched it, what can you add to the list of my take-aways below, or maybe add your own? Whatever they are, please post them in the comment box below to share. Looking forward to hearing them!
- The biggest regret of the elderly on their deathbed, is not what they did but what they didn’t do. The risks they didn’t take.
- What would your future self say about the ideas you never created, the books you never wrote, the words you never spoke
- Great men and women never fit in because they stand out.
- You want to fit in and be cool but greatness isn’t about being cool.
- The biggest difference between winners and losers is persistence. It’s not talent. It’s persistence.
- Your character is who you are.
- Stop thinking, just do it.
- You don’t get a do over in life so live your dream.
- You don’t have to be great to get started but you’ve got to get started to be great.